- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Office365 solutions
Languages and Tools
- Python / NodeJS / Bash / Powershell
- Git (Github/Gitlab) / JIRA
- Nagios / Cacti / Grafana for monitoring
- Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016
- Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS)
- Web application architecture (open source, NGINX, Apache, PHP, MySQL, SSL setup)
- VMware vSphere infrastructure virtualization (v6, 6.5, 6.7) / vROps
- Microsoft Active Directory / DNS / DHCP / File Server
- DELL EMC Servers, Storage and Networking equipment
- Cisco Networking equipment
- Mikrotik Networking equipment
- Ubiquiti / Ruckus Wireless equipment
- Synology / QNAP storage servers
- Environment Monitoring systems
- Vertiv Precision Cooling equipment
- APC / Vertiv UPS equipment
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
- Handling day-to-day operations of IT related work (helpdesk, system and network administration, procuring new equipment etc.) as a leader of the technical team.
- Managing infrastructure and web applications (e-commerce and internal) critical to business operations.
- Managing the network infrastructure for the organization. Branch office connections, Internet connectivity etc.
- Maintaining controlled external access to company hosted services/applications through Internet, SIP services, private networks, Government Network of Maldives.
- Implementing monitoring metrics of IT services.
- Planning of work and assignment to staff.
- Planning and compilation of annual budgeting for the department.
- Initiated adoption of container-based development (Docker) for web applications within the development team.
- Started implementing continuous-integration (CI) pipelines in self hosted Gitlab.
- Conducted training for members of the team.
- • Administration of Windows and Linux servers hosting customer facing and business-critical web applications and databases.
- Preparing VM / instance templates and provisioning them when required.
- Ensured that configuration was standardized using automation tools Powershell/Bash/Ansible.
- Deploy multiple PHP web applications in a tiered architecture, on-premises and AWS cloud.
- Manage MySQL database operations, with synchronous replication and automated backups to ensure availability and timely recovery.
- Configuring hardware firewall rules to allow controlled access to web applications from the Internet.
- Implemented ALB and NGINX web load balancers with SSL termination as number of apps increased.
- Enabled host/service status and performance monitoring using Nagios, Cacti and Grafana.
- Designed and deployed network infrastructure with centrally managed wireless access for new head office, branch offices (Mikrotik, Cisco Catalyst and Ruckus equipment) and datacenter.
- Re-design of physical and logical network segments and addressing schemes.
- Internet traffic management (web filtering, bandwidth management).
- Improved the management, ease of access and security aspects.
- Design and deployed datacenter network to support virtualization infrastructure and connectivity to various external networks (Mikrotik, DELL N-Series and Force10, Sophos, Endian equipment).
- Re-design of datacenter network to support virtualization infrastructure, with separate data and storage networks.
- Improved WAN access to Internet, SIP network, Gov Network by aggregating connections to redundant firewalls.
- Improved availability and reliability of the datacenter network.
- Design and deployed a new virtualized infrastructure (vSphere 6 with vROps) and storage systems that supports all the IT services (5 host vSphere cluster with DELL EMC Blade Servers and Compellent iSCSI Storage). This ensured a reliable and efficient IT infrastructure that can provide high-availability and quick deployment times for different applications and systems.
- Implemented backup software and processes so that data are protected (Veeam Backup & Replication).
- Implemented a disaster recovery datacenter with adequate resources to cater for availability of critical systems in emergency cases.
- Actively involved in planning and implementation of a new datacenter (Vertiv SmartRow Solution with 3 equipment racks and redundant power and cooling) for the organization that improved the reliability and cost-efficiency of operating a datacenter.
- Administration of Active Directory services.
- Setup of multiple DC and DNS services along with DHCP failover. Managed the upgrade of AD infrastructure to Windows Server 2016
- Managed the migration project of organization to Office365 platform. (Exchange Server DAG, Hybrid Setup, Email migration)
- Standardized procurement process that conforms to policies and developed good relations with various IT vendors to make sure organization procurement requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Involved in the preparation of IT policies, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity documentation.
- Involved in deploying and troubleshooting Cisco and Huawei routing and switching products, Fortinet firewall and troubleshooting networking issues at customers’ site.
- PoC demonstration of edgeBOX (a Unified Communications Solution) for SMB customers.
- Completed the Cloud Resume Challenge
- Created a resume website using resources on AWS.
- Used Serverless Framework and CloudFormation templates to deploy the back end and front end resources.
- Configured CI/CD using Github Actions to update resources on code commit.
- Created a ‘serverless’ Telegram chat bot on AWS for notifications. (Github)
- NodeJS backend, utilized Telegraf bot framework, enabled Jest unit testing.
- Used Serverless framework to automate deployment.
- Configured CI/CD using Github Actions to test build on code commit.
- Deployment of HPE Simplivity HCI Solution for Crossroads Maldives (resort property).
- vSphere configuration for high availability, storage, VM templates for clusters at 3 sites (6 nodes).
- Support for Simplivity software deployment.
- Created a small app to collect traffic data from Mikrotik Routers. (Github)
- Used PHP for application and SQLite database for storage.